Engineering Manager - Power Generation - Thermal Power - Africa
|Area||Zambia, Rest of the world|
|Sector||Power Generation - Design|
Jackson Global are working with an establish EPC company who are currently looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to work on a Combined Cycle Power Plant in Zambia.
The role will be tasked with managing the Engineering functions for the power plant and developing, directing, coordinating and leading a team of multi-disciplined engineers.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- General management of the engineering department including all strategic, operational, commercial and administrative aspects
- Plan and direct all aspects of the engineering activities for the plant.
- Main representative of the company in engineering and project management activities related to the plant
- Establish staff performance expectations and provide regular feedback from both informal and scheduled reviews.
- Coach, resolve conflict and correct action as necessary to solve performance related issues on your team
- Ensure all engineering initiatives and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Provide input and lead improvement of internal company procedures and processes.
- Co-ordinate between the Construction and O&M teams as the project progresses
The following are desirable qualities:
- 15+ years’ experience working with large thermal power plants
- MSc degree in Engineering
The successful applicant must:
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Have a BSc degree in Engineering
- Have 5+ years’ experience in engineering management of a combined cycle power plant
- Have 10+ years’ working with combined cycle power plants
- Be willing to relocate to Africa